LAW ENFORCEMENT BASE MECHANIC – FIXED WING
Maintains and repairs aircraft structures and related components including flight controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components. Applies technical knowledge of A&P systems to determine equipment malfunctions and applies expertise in restoring aircraft to safe, airworthy condition. This position reports directly to the CHP Program Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must ensure aircraft are safely maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Standard Practice.
- Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements.
- Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition.
- Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor/manager when circumstances may prevent on-time completion.
- Assures proper information is shared i.e. job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving Ability
- Current, valid A&P license with verifiable experience
- Experience with piston engine airplanes – minimum 2 years
- Clean & valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible for DOD clearance
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and FAA regulated drug/alcohol tests prior to start.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Cessna 206 and 210 series aircraft will be given preference.
- Understanding and experience within a Part 145 repair station.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The work environment is often not temperature/humidity controlled. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time, non-exempt. Hours may vary but typical hours are Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm with opportunity for overtime.
This position may require occasional travel. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.